We Announce Partial Scholarships for Locals of Galapagos
The scholarship grantee, Diana Carolina Loyola taking notes in the field. Photo: Daniel Unda García
As part of its mission, the Charles Darwin Foundation is proud to announce the launch of two partial University scholarships for local students of Galápagos with an excellent academic background. The locals can conduct their studies in areas related to conservation of ecosystems and sustainability.
The scholarship covers the following:
- Cost of University tuition up to $900 annually.
- Monthly living costs of $300 (food and accommodation).
- An annual flight for up to four years (from continental Ecuador to Galapagos to continental Ecuador).
- Yearly economic assistance of $200 (field trips or books).
- Private health and life insurance (coverage only in Ecuador).
The candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be permanent residents of Galapagos.
- Have a copy of identity documents (identification card and voting certificate).
- Copy of the permanent residence card of the candidate and the legal representative if the candidate is underage.
- Application letter directed to the Executive Director of the CDF, which demonstrates your academic interests and passion for the conservation of Galapagos.
- Secondary school studies must have been completed in Galapagos and the candidate should have an excellent academic record, with a minimum average of 9.25/10.
- In case the candidate has scholarship already, they must demonstrate that the scholarship doesn’t cover all of their costs.
- For students that have initiated their University career, a scholarship will only be given to those that are up to their second semester and have a minimum grade of 8.5/10.
- A certificate emitted by the Center of Higher Education which shows that the candidate is registered at a University, what they are studying, duration, title to be obtained, grading system.
- Curriculum Vitae.
The required documentation must be submitted to the Reception of the Charles Darwin Foundation or sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org up to November 10, 2017.
Pre-selected candidates may be required to submit additional information and carry out a socioeconomic study as part of the process for granting a scholarship.
We invite you to participate with the sole objective of creating a promising and sustainable future that we may all feel proud of.